You can obtain a sick note by following the simple steps on the NHS 111 website to submit to Uber if you or a family member have Coronavirus or are suffering from the symptoms:
Uber is offering drivers £100 per week financial assistance fora maximum of 2 weeks.
To apply follow the steps below:
1. Open your Uber Driver app
2. Click on profile picture
3. Click on help in the top right corner
4. Click on Safety and security
5. Click on Coronavirus financial assistance policy (UK)
6. Tap to select all 6 options and press submit
Uber Broadspire AXA Tel: 01908 300499
Link to claim from AXA is https://websites.crawco.nl/uber
HMRC have just set up a help line specifically for the self-employed and businesses who will be struggling. They will give you advice on your tax and any benefits you can claim for.
Link to get more information about the grant through the coronavirus (COVID-19) Self-employment Income Support Scheme:
· Grants of up to £2,500 per month. It is calculated based on 80% of profits as reported in your tax returns.
· If you earn more than £50,000 you will not be eligible.
· We understand the grants will be taxable, but it is not a loan will not need to be paid back.
· We understand that you can continue to work in the meantime.
· Payments will be made in June for 3 months March, April and May backdated.
· You will need to have earned the majority of your income from self-employment so not good news for part time drivers.
· If you have recently become self-employed you are unlikely to be eligible for support under this scheme.
· You will need to have filed your 2019 tax return - no problem if you are late, just get it done.
· You don't need to contact HMRC now.They will contact you if you are eligible and invite you to apply.